Monday, November 5, 2007

Fall back into darkness

I can tell you this much: whoever thought November was a good month to blog daily was certainly not a knitter. And not just because of non-bloggable-top-secret-Christmas knitting, but more importantly, because the amount of daylight available to take decent fibre photos is practically non-existent. So I'm reduced to taking flash photos in my bathroom (the best-lit room in the house).

Anywhoo...

More Rhinebeckian goodness of the wooly kind. But not yarn.


bluebundle

orangebundle

These little bundles of wool fabric came from a lovely little booth (sorry, lost the seller info) selling hooking kits, fabrics and rugs. I couldn't resist.

blueorangebundle

greengoldbundle

I'm not sure if I'll use the quarters to make "quilty" things, or "hooky" things. Both options are open to me since my Mom is a master quilter (more on that in another post), as well as a hooker. I'm sure she has a few "tricks" to show me. Har, har.


Along with the fabric bundles, I bought this little blackbird hooked mat.

wonkyblackbird
I fell in love with it when I first saw it, but didn't know if I wanted to plunk down cash for a non-knitting/ready-made item. But I kept thinking about it, and at the end of the day figured if it was still there, it was mine. I use it as my tea-pot mat, and every morning the wonky little blackbird makes me smile.

Speaking of black birds, I've been checking the Blue Moon Fiber Arts website all day for their new "Raven Series" of yarn, which is supposed to come out today. You may have seen the ads for it in IK. I just loooove super-dark variegated yarn, and this collection looks really promising. But I guess I'm not the only one who's interested, as Blue Moon has apparently had some major server problems today due to the high volume of traffic to their site and has not been able to make the yarn available online as of yet.

edit: ooo yay, it's finally up. Check it out, it's beautiful!!!


0 comments: